78. Ink smells great. So do incense cedar pencils. Computer screens? Not so much. Chose your tools, but don't fetishize stationery.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
132. Verse chorus verse. Verse chorus verse. Bridge! Verse. Chorus. Yawn.
15. All poems protest. But great poems profess.
Thursday, July 05, 2007
10. "Poet" is a label you have to earn. You can't give it to yourself. Well, you can, but that's kind of like throwing yourself a surprise party: what's the point?
128. Read everything with an eye towards craft.