61. if u wrt pms lke ths prepr 2 b rejktd.
Thursday, October 26, 2006
6. The lowercase i is passé when used as a personal pronoun.
9. Punctuation is your friend.
17. When submitting poems via email, send work in text-only mode. No one needs to see that cutesy smiley animated GIF signature or your Glamour Shots poses from three years ago. Editors only care about the quality of the work, and everything else is distraction.
59. Obey standard grammatical conventions until you become famous. After that, feel free to make yourself misunderstood.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
19. Speling countz, so profreed cairfulie.
Monday, October 23, 2006
2. Nouns and verbs are your friends.
1. Make it concrete. Poetry is in things, not concepts.
42. Only Douglas Adams could get away with meta-metapoetry. And you're not Douglas Adams.
Friday, October 20, 2006
143. In your cover letter or biographical information, refrain from using the word spiritual in each sentence. Ditto for the words experimental and taffeta.
86. Camel toe is not complimentary. It's just vulgar. So use it sparingly.
113. Just because you stare at the sky while trying to think about something to write does not mean you should write about clouds.